Concientia et Sapientia

Knowledge and Wisdom. The foulposts that I aim to hit home runs between.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

God Rest Ye, Chief Justice

I have to wonder what Chief Justice William Rehnquist had left on his plate. He clearly had plans for the future. After 33 years on the court, 19 as Chief Justice, he stated a few years ago that he wouldn't retire unless a Republican was president. He was old, he was living with cancer, he had a Republican in the White House. Yet, he didn't retire. From this, I conclude that he had something more he wanted to accomplish, or he didn't trust Bush to replace him on the court. Understandable. Bush is an idiot. Rehnquist probably wanted a real republican to replace him.
The more I read about Rehnquist, the more I probably would have liked him, even though I didn't agree with him. Then again, I might have found him too harsh. I won't say his entire record was bad, only a few horrible decisions in 2000 and 2004.
Now, how do we stop Bush from spreading his damage to this country out over the next 30 to 40 years?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home