Concientia et Sapientia

Knowledge and Wisdom. The foulposts that I aim to hit home runs between.

Monday, July 25, 2005

The Unjoy of Programming

I've been additced to NumberPlace and Sudoku puzzles for years, and they are now gaining some popularity. Being a shade-tree programmer, I think about solving these things algorithmically, which means that I can write programs as well. I did write a program in Python that lets me solve any puzzle. So far the program has not given up. A site like Sudoku Place would have to classify a Sudoku as "Extremely difficult" to stump this thing. I'm not saying I'm a great programmer, but that three simple logical rules (well, two) repeated over and over again will solve the puzzle.
The downside is that I don't enjoy Sudoku as much as I used to. Knowing that I've gotten my program to do it for me, there is a feeling of "Well, I don't have to think about this anymore..."
Hmmm. I think there's a story in that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home